Pages

November 8, 2018

Reasons I Fall For You

I have come to a place in my life
Where
Romance is found
Not so much in new love
But in deep connection
In mugs of hot drinks
And clear starry nights
Shots of tequila in an abandoned bar after a picture wrap
Rainy mornings
The full moon glowing through my window
Drops of water slinking from hairline to chinbone
Washing off stage make-up in the shower
Breathing in steam and out like dragon wings
Sitting by myself on the porch at dawn in summer
The vast collectiveness of the human imagination...

I don't need you to bring me flowers
As a token of your affection
Or write me poetry
Or take me out to someplace fancy.

I can write my own poetry
And choose my own flowers
And make my own nourishment.

(I don't need an excuse for a tie or a little black dress)

So teach me a new adventure:
Take me on a ride through the outer stretches of your mind -
Because those are things I cannot find outside.



No comments: