Pages

March 7, 2019

Fragile

Yesterday
You said
I was fragile.

And in the moment
I denied it
Even though
As it passed your lips
I felt myself
Dissipate
Just like that
Into
Breath
Air
Pieces of broken...

And so I carried that word: fragile
All day
And into the night
And this morning woke up repeating it
Fragile
Fragile
Fragile

And the shower head sputtered:
Fragile
Fragile
Fragile

And I walked through cold air
And I felt freezing and thought: fragile.

And then I sat
In my fragility
And wept
Big tears

Fragile
      fucking
tears

Until I experienced what is sometimes known as
Resilience.

Which.

Friends.

Is the opposite of fragile.
And I thought:
I can be
Both -
Feeling
and
Thinking
Emotionally broken
And endlessly repaired,
I am
Resilient
In your world of fragility

And you can bend me
Over and over
But I spring back -
I spring back
You think you know...
You think you know
But you
But you
But you
Do
Not.

No comments: