Pages

October 9, 2019

Knitting

I knit a blanket with you.

I held the needles.
I taught you how to wrap the yarn,
We pricked ourselves a few times (we can laugh about it now, can't we?)
But we eventually worked in tandem:
Wrapping
Knotting
Knitting,
We chose the next color,
We made a pattern that made sense,
It was painstaking,
But we had a goal in mind,
It grew.

The colors were, in a word, magnificent.

We knit together honesty and intimacy and communication,
We knit together good and right and beautiful and worth-it,
We knit it over our bodies to keep us warm at night and snuggled in close together.

And when we finished,
You took it

And you gave it to another

Someone different from me

Someone new

Someone else...

My blanket
Our blanket...

And I'm cold now
And alone;

And I feel like
You stole from me.

No comments: