Pages

July 17, 2020

Blood Draw

It is not fair that I have to go through an entire day of trauma after a blood draw because it reminds my brain of what it means when I say "yes" with my lips but my body doesn't want to.

You didn't check in with me
Because you didn't care
You weren't taught consent
You wanted what you wanted

Women don't feel pleasure

So I fake it and I say "yes" and [I don't know what I'm doing]

::laugh emoji::

Honestly it's not even your fault

I blame the Church
I blame my [your] parents
I blame a white Jesus hanging on a cross at St. Anthony's, staring - I didn't know what it meant to sit on the side with Mary,

When I go to the lab I tell the nurse "I might cry during; I don't know why",

And she laughs a little and says that lots of people cry

Lots of people cry
Lots of people

"I'm a grown woman, I know it's silly"

Lots of people cry. Lots of people.

No comments: