Pages

April 15, 2016

Community

Day breaks
Soft
Light trickling over my bedspread
And I feel...
Lonely.
It washes in,
It covers me,
I hear it,
Feel it,
Blame others -
But really...
It's me
My wanting...
Connection
Wanting...
Someone to remind me
Why?
Why am I worthy
Why am I chosen
Who
Who
Am I? -
In the vast
Interstellar void
In the strong Universal pull
Of Love
Of Life
Of Choices
This
Insane
Individualism
That separates
I long
For the Village
I long for the
Wake up in the morning coffee and toast with all the people I love surrounding
I long
For the smell of eggs frying
The smell of fresh churned butter
The sound of children laughing
The sound of thumping up the staircase
The touch of your hand
The touch of your cheek
Many cheeks
Many hands
Touch
Taste
Smell
An end
An end to loneliness
To painful isolation,
A beginning to resolution
A beginning to feeling,
A coming together
A final joining;
When I sleep at night
To know,
To feel
That energy
Around me
Maybe not in the flesh, the tangible
But the knowing
The knowing of the collective breath of Humanity.

No comments: