Pages

February 9, 2015

Global Consciousness

I realized what was wrong with you today.
Or rather...
I let myself say it
Out loud
And quiet
To myself.
A small whispering that realized,
Like lead
Like tumbling
Like trembling and then tottering from the ledge and plunging into the icy water:

I know what you're afraid of.

It slipped off my tongue and jostled the nitrogen before me and wafted across the molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide and twirled out into the world of oblivion and truthfulness, and as it blew gently away from my lips I felt at once the pull of your heavy soul on my ribcage - the clinging, pitiful cries as you clawed into the space that I did not allow you to occupy before this; and I reeled backward, almost falling from my chair - the coffee sloshing onto the up-to-then pristine surface of the table...

I know what you fear.


No comments: