Pages

May 13, 2016

Things I Don't Understand

1.  Why you seemed genuinely excited to see me.

2.  Why you cared that other guy was engaging me in conversation.

3.  What it meant to you when our shoulders touched.

4.  Why you couldn't answer my direct questions.

5.  Why semantics seemed to change your actual feelings.

6.  Why you always said I was asking too much.

7.  Why you said those things if you didn't mean them.

8.  Why your eyes sparkled when they met mine.

9.  Why you kissed me with such intention.

10.  Why I always had to be a secret.

11.  Why you made me watch you.

12.  Why I wasn't worthy.

13.  Why I allowed so much concession.

14.  Why I gave in to everything.

15.  Why I put myself aside.

16.  Why I was so fucking patient.

17.  Why I gave in over and over and over.

18.  Why I came back after you hurt me so deeply.

19.  Why I keep writing this stupid poetry.

20.  Why I'm thinking of you at midnight and you no longer ever think of me.












Why I believe it isn't over...

Why I'd still take you back.

No comments: