Pages

May 6, 2016

Today I thought...

I will write to him, and explain it.
I will explain what I meant and didn't
And we'll reach some sort of understanding.
A place where we can be...

Friends.

And so I set about this task
Until my face fell
My fingers stopped...
Until I came to the place of realization:

It wasn't some magic accident

It was simply the fact:
You didn't want me.

It doesn't matter if I'm sorry
Or if I never meant it to be forever
Or if I was speaking from a place of painful anger
No.

No.

It matters that I wasn't...

That I was...

Me.

And there's something in you I didn't anticipate at the beginning

A bitter sort of place of malice that you hide so well beneath that friendly exterior
Ah
Yes
I penetrated it a little too far, eh?

Too close for comfort?

It's all unintentional until it isn't.

No comments: