Pages

May 3, 2016

Nonsense.

When I try to make sense of things
There is always something missing
Something... I... must have missed
Because last time I checked
Things made sense
And you were sure of it
And I was certain
And we were stronger
And somehow...
We saw strings where there weren't any
Or we stumbled over something that neither of us could really see
Or someone changed the way we were thinking
Without our permission
Or.
Or...
Or...

I am struck senseless by it.
How it seems like I've lost before I've had a chance to even participate
They handed out the trophies and I...

I must have been busy
Staring at a passing circus
Or waiting for something that was never actually coming
Or standing stiff next to the mailbox waiting for an undelivered package

I can't make sense of it, Love.  It can't make sense.

No comments: