Pages

June 20, 2019

Hope in Breathing

These past few weeks have been mostly
You
On the couch pressing tears away from your eyelids with the sheer force of your will
Of the muscles behind your eyes
With your nostrils flaring: You rage instead of crying.

I can feel you feeling

All the pain the world has to offer

Internally

And externally:

Children trapped in cages by the sham that is the president

People you thought were trustworthy
Just

Breaking it...

Your hair feels like the down in a hotel pillow.
Your skin feels like the cool sheets
And you enfold me with your arms, legs, body
It's what safety feels like
A small nest
I'm not ready to leave it

I want to witness all your secrets
Your opening is so beautiful.
I know it's only the overture
When you move through this. one. hard. place...

The overture makes me cry every time.

It's just the overture, Love.
Your act is just beginning.




No comments: