Pages

August 8, 2014

You say
I don't want to be a thing
To replace another thing
Because the things don't need replacing

And yet

That's exactly what you want from me
To fill in the holes you're missing
To have the talks you're afraid of having
To point out your flaws
And make you feel whole
And breathe your skin back to life
Taking everything
Just like old times - my soul clings on
Holding on
Keeping on
And this thing that is you and me
Makes my pulse race
Makes my heart sing
Is killing me too
Killing me
 But I can't do without it
I can't wake up in the morning and know you're not there when I need a hit of it
Of us
Of the can't have can't take can't be can't move can't even whisper it out loud

I'm so tired of lying
Tired of lies
Tired of prying and pressing and wishing
Longing
It's not a feeling I enjoy enduring

No comments: