Pages

March 9, 2015

I fell in love
Like a tangled sheet
Like a rain cloud that teased and twisted
And never fell

I saw you rise like
Empire Sky
Like the hills in Appalachia,

I drop like sweat
Pouring down from a warm spring
Tucked away under a mossy wood gazebo
Only locals know,

We meet like fire
Like smoke in a storm
Like dust on the desert,
Caressing cacti
Caressing velvet fur
Caressing red orange vessels of rock and sand and violent rivers...

Crush me like
Old flowers
Like lemon squeezed in mid-July
Like watermelon when you swallow the seed,
You rise
You fly
I tumble down like beams from moonshine
Under pitch dark cave dwellings
Under misty vapor that glows green and scarlet
Under treetops that leak dew daily and constantly and encompassing
Peer over the top of the crest now and slide... slide through the ever-changing wind.

No comments: