Pages

December 2, 2015

Pause.

I didn't mean to fall in love with you.
I fell there
And by the time I'd brushed off my shoelaces and resumed a standing position
It was too late

Logic failed.
It didn't matter the distace
The time
The consequences.

The world stopped spinning.

An instant that was just long enough
To feel you
Like fingertips touching... almost by accident...
To notice
To hear the change in your voice
And the pulse in your chest
And to see myself under your eyelashes:
The sparkle that wasn't quite the same

Yesterday

I was rational
Careful
Together
Equipped...

Today...

I am completely...
Ripped open
Spilling
I can't...
Pick up all the pieces and put them into place quickly enough and you are gathering them with me and you are holding my hand and when the tears come it's you

It's you


It's you...


Your fingers...

Brush them away.

No comments: