Pages

June 15, 2016

Embracing the Grace Period

You hide that look from me
You know the one
The hungry, longing, searching eyes you used to flash when you were desperate to kiss me...

Perhaps I'm simply too available to you...

I remember screaming pain and obscenity in the sweltering night outside Todd's house
My words slicing your cheeks, your sad eyes, your tearful, sweaty neckline

All that passion pointed in all the wrong directions

I have never
Loved
So...

It took us thirty seconds of small talk to get our clothes off

God I miss you.

Simultaneously eons and minutes since you touched me

Still the heat like I'm twenty

Still the heat like...

You always knew just how to...

I recognize that glimmer in your eyes when I walk out stripped down to my skivvies and you're pretending programming - the corners of your mouth twitching

At 23 you couldn't resist me.

Now the resisting is part of foreplay...

You know.

Exactly.

What you do to me...

Instead of shouting I should have held your cheeks and pressed my lips on yours - hard - so you knew I meant everything...

Sex is so much better than shouting.

No comments: