Pages

June 15, 2016

Just

My arm resting comfortably across your stomach
Smaller than the last time I saw you
I fit more snugly on your chest
And I kiss the skin below your ear lobe
Your neck
Your wrist
The crinkle of brow above your piercing blue eyes
I will not obsess or compare or wonder
I will lie here silently
Listening to your soft snoring
Running fingers through your silvery-red hair
Breathing in the smell that isn't anything but purely you
Pure you
I could get drunk on it
But I don't
I hold it in
I breathe it deeper
I pull you close
Just for tonight
My skin under your fingertips
Just for tonight
Memorizing the lines that make-up your chest-hair
Your ribcage
Your neckline
Taking it all in
All under my palms and nails and lips and tongue
Absorbing it
Allowing
You
Part of me
Tonight
Just tonight.
Just tonight,
We get to admit
We love each other.

No comments: