Pages

July 11, 2016

Back to the Tea House?

I had a dream about you for the first time in months
And it was such
A
nice
dream.

I saw you unexpectedly
At a wedding
Or some other major life event for someone we both knew
And we stop and stared at each other
And then you said you wanted to talk to me
And I walked alone with you
In the dank, hot evening
And we sat down on a curb somewhere... 
And you said you were sorry
You know...
For hurting me.
And I said I was sorry.
For misunderstanding.
And you said
That if I would be okay with it
That you'd like to talk again
Sometimes
About the things we used to talk about
And I said I'd like that
And we both cried
And you hugged me
And it felt
So good
And right
And real.
And then I woke up.
And it wasn't any of those things
And I just...

I wish...

I wish I could just understand a bit of it.
A bit of you.
A bit of why...

You're so close I could touch you, really.
Drive up there and listen to you play.

But it's so scary because
What if you saw me
And chose to walk away?

No comments: